Friday, April 26, 2013

Waffle Iron Cookies - the UNfail

I wasn't really sure how this one was going to turn out....but I was really hoping it wouldn't make a HUGE mess. Especially since I was using a brand spankin new waffle iron. Along with an ancient (but sturdy) KitchenAid mixer that used to belong to my grandma.

THE EQUIPMENT

I grew up using this mixer, and I like that I still have access to it, as well as my newer (read cheaper) mixer. Hers was that weird almond color that became popular for appliances in the 70s. Mine, well it's just boring old white.

Anyway....

MIXING THE DOUGH. I USED SPEED 2
I weighed out my flour... (4.5 ozs in a cup ... so 3/4 of a cup = 3.375oz) and added the salt and baking soda.

I measured and packed my brown sugar, and added it to the mixer.

Next I added my melted butter, then eggs, one at a time so they were fully incorporated. And I free-poured the vanilla extract...I LOVE vanilla extract.

Then I added the flour salt and baking soda. Don't worry about getting it completely mixed just yet.


Last up, the oats and the chocolate chips. It didn't look so appetizing at this point...

I dropped about 1 1/2 tablespoons onto each section of the waffle iron, shut the top, flipped it 180° and waited.

Sadly, there was no hilarious mess to clean up. I was actually looking forward to this one failing.

That would be an UNfail folks!



The thicker cookie dough is most likely what makes this pin work. Again, for all you pinners out there, make sure you check the page that accompany your pins. There are tons of great ideas out there, just make sure to follow the recipe laid out for you, instead of just winging it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, the cookie waffles were delicious, i'm so happy to have been able to try one in class! This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete